Missouri Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers
Fighting For Those Who Have Been Injured in Slip & Fall Accidents
Missouri law dictates that property owners need to keep their premises in a relatively safe condition and free from hidden dangers. This includes commercial building owners, landlords, and private property owners. When unsafe conditions on a property lead to a serious slip and fall accident, causing injuries to visitors, patrons, or anyone else on the property, the property owner can be held liable. While a minor slip and fall may not call for any legal action, some falls may result in serious and debilitating injuries.
These can include broken bones, head, neck, hip, and back injuries, and brain injuries. In these cases, it is important to seek the counsel of a skilled slip & fall lawyer. At Price & Randle, LLC, our Missouri slip & fall accident attorneys have helped thousands of clients. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients through effective and dedicated legal representation. Do not count on an insurance company to look out for your best interests in such a case. You need a legal professional on your side.
Contact Price & Randle at (573) 240-8866 for a free consultation. Our Missouri slip & fall accident attorneys serve clients throughout Lake of the Ozarks and Osage Beach, as well as Camden, Miller, Morgan, and Laclede Counties.
Serious slip and fall accidents can be caused by any number of safety hazards on a property. These include:
- Wet, slippery floors
- Broken or uneven sidewalks
- Poor lighting
- Debris on paths, floors, or entryways
- Broken tiles
- Torn carpeting
- Unsafe stairs, bannisters, and railings
Slip and fall accident claims can be complex and difficult to pursue. Property owners and their insurance companies will generally seek to do everything possible to limit or deny your claim, often asserting that the fault was yours. Investigating your accident on the property to show that the owner or landlord knew or should have known about the unsafe condition will take the skills and resources of a knowledgeable law firm.
Common Injuries of Slip & Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents may lead to an expansive range of injuries, from minor bruises to more severe and debilitating conditions. It's crucial to be aware of the potential harm that can arise from such incidents. Common injuries include:
- Fractures and Broken Bones: Falls can lead to fractures and breaks, often affecting the wrists, arms, hips, and ankles.
- Head Injuries: A fall can result in traumatic brain injuries, concussions, or other head-related injuries, particularly if the individual hits their head during the incident.
- Sprains and Strains: Twisting or awkward landings could cause sprains and strains to muscles and ligaments, leading to pain and limited mobility.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries: Falls can cause serious damage to the back and spinal cord, resulting in long-term complications and disabilities.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Torn ligaments, tendons, or other soft tissue injuries are very common in slip and fall accidents, causing pain and discomfort.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Slip & Fall Accident Claim?
If you've been a victim of a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to various damages. Potential damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Reimbursement for present and future medical bills, including hospitalization, surgeries, medications, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for the income lost because of the inability to work during recovery, as well as potential future earnings impacted by the injuries.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages to address the physical and emotional distress caused by the slip and fall accident.
- Property Damage: In cases where personal belongings are damaged during the incident, you may be eligible for compensation to replace or repair them.
- Punitive Damages: In certain situations, the court may award punitive damages to penalize the responsible party for negligence or intentional misconduct.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Slip & Fall Accident Claim in Missouri?
It's crucial to act promptly when pursuing a slip and fall accident claim in Missouri, as there is a statute of limitations in place. The statute of limitations helps set a specific timeframe within which a legal action will need to be initiated. In Missouri, the statute of limitations for slip and fall accidents is typically five years from the date of the incident.
However, time is of the essence, and delays can greatly impact the strength of your case. Gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and assessing the extent of your injuries are essential steps that require immediate attention. Waiting until the last minute may jeopardize your ability to recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Slip & Fall Accident Attorneys in Missouri Today
Our slip and fall attorneys have years of experience to use on your behalf in pursuing maximum compensation to cover your lost income, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and other damages. We know what to do and how to do it since this field of law is our sole concentration. We encourage you to take advantage of our proven results and dedication to client service.
“My family referred me to Price & Randle. The staff always returned my phone calls, and I was regularly informed on the progress of my case. I recommend this firm to others. They are responsible and trustworthy. I rate the overall quality of the legal services provided as excellent.”