A distracted driving accident can occur any time that a driver takes his hands off the steering wheel, takes his eyes off the road, or diverts his attention from driving safely. While cell phones are a common cause of distracted driving accidents, and are included in our list of top distracted driving causes, it is important to note that they are not the only cause of distracted driving wrecks.
13 Common Causes of Distracted Driving Accidents
Some of the common causes of Missouri distracted driving accidents include:
- Talking on a cell phone and driving.
- Texting and driving.
- Checking email and driving.
- Programming a GPS while driving.
- Following GPS directions without paying attention to the reality of the road.
- Eating and driving.
- Drinking and driving.
- Driving with young kids in the car.
- Driving with pets in the car.
- Fighting with a passenger.
- Applying makeup and driving.
- Changing your playlist or radio station while driving.
- Reading and driving.
While this list is extensive, it is far from exhaustive, and other causes of distracted driving may be responsible for your accident injuries.
Call a Missouri Auto Accident Lawyer if You’ve Been Hurt
If you have been hurt in a distracted driving wreck, then we encourage you to contact an experienced Missouri auto accident attorney today via this website or by calling (573) 240-8866 to schedule an initial consultation. We also invite you to read our book, The Lies Smart People Believe About Missouri Insurance Claims, which is available for FREE on our website.