Riding a motorcycle is a thrill, but it can also be dangerous. This is especially true on the curvy Missouri roads that can cause bikers to lose control. On a bike, you are not as visible to other cars, which can also increase your risk of being involved in a Missouri motorcycle accident.
When a motorcycle accident in Missouri happens, you will likely face serious or catastrophic injuries that can change your quality of life forever. If you are the victim in a Missouri motorcycle crash, here are five things you must do to get the most out of your insurance claim so that you are not forced to pay for someone else’s mistake:
- Call the police. Getting the police on scene as quickly as possible is important. They will document what happened, which will be crucial to your insurance claim.
- Briefly exchange contact information. You need the contact information for the person who hit you and any witnesses who saw what happened during the crash. Avoid saying too much to these people, as this puts you at risk of unintentionally hurting your claim.
- Seek medical care. After a Missouri motorcycle crash, you may be hurt and need medical attention. Do not hesitate to seek medical care. Delaying treatments and medical care can cause you further injury and may prevent you from having your medical costs compensated by the other driver’s insurance.
- Call a Missouri motorcycle accident attorney. Put someone on your side right away! Insurance companies try to play games to avoid having to pay out more than you deserve for a motorcycle crash. With help from a motorcycle crash lawyer, you can get the aggressive representation you deserve on your side so that you do not fall victim to any of the insurance tricks or games.
- Speak only with your attorney. Once you have legal representation, it is important to only speak to your attorney about anything related to the accident. This way, you can ensure that you do not unknowingly say something that could potentially hurt your claim.
Filing an insurance claim after a Missouri motorcycle crash is overwhelmingly difficult. Fortunately, you don’t have to do it on your own. Call a Missouri motorcycle accident lawyer at (573) 240-8866 to help you with your claim; you will gain confidence that you are getting the best possible outcome after a traumatic experience. At Price & Randle, LLC we have offices at the Lake of the Ozarks in Osage Beach, Missouri. We can help no matter where in Missouri your accident happened.