The days following a slip-and-fall accident can be chaotic. Everybody has something that they want you to do, and it can be hard to know where to turn your attention so that you protect your physical, legal, and financial recoveries while you take care of your immediate needs.
The First Five Things You May Do to Protect an Osage Beach Slip-and-Fall Accident Recovery
Generally, you can protect your Osage Beach slip-and-fall accident recovery by:
- Gathering whatever information or documentation you can at the scene of the accident. This may include writing down the names of witnesses, the name of the property owner, manager, or employee who responded to the accident scene, taking pictures of the accident, and other documentation methods.
- Getting medical help as soon as possible after the accident. This may be important to your physical recovery and to your legal recovery. In order to recover financial and legal damages, you will need to prove that the accident caused your injury. Prompt medical attention can help establish that link.
- Following your doctor’s orders. You do not want to risk further physical injury or jeopardize your recovery by failing to follow your doctor’s orders.
- Contacting a Missouri slip-and-fall lawyer. An experienced Missouri fall injury attorney will zealously advocate for your full and fair recovery.
- Referring any insurance adjusters to your Missouri slip-and-fall lawyer. You do not want to speak directly with an insurance adjuster because what you say can, and likely will, be used against you during settlement negotiations or at trial.
Of course, every case is unique. If you miss a step in the checklist, or if you are physically unable to complete a step, it does not mean that you can’t recover.
Call a Missouri Slip-and-Fall Attorney Today for More Information
If you have been hurt in an Osage Beach slip-and-fall accident, our Missouri slip-and-fall lawyers welcome your call at (573) 240-8866 and invite you to read our FREE book, The Lies Smart People Believe About Missouri Insurance Claims, to learn more about your possible recovery.